2 Cups Cooked Rice
1 Cup Spinach Moochim* (see recipe below)
2 Large Carrots, Julienned
4 Strips Danmuji (Pickled Radish)
1 Gyerranmari (Korean-Style Omelet) cut into long strips
1 Tbsp Sesame Oil
1 Tsp Salt
½ Tbsp Rice Vinegar
½ Tbsp Sugar
2 Cups Spinach, blanched, rinsed in cold water, and strained
1 Tbsp Doenjang
½ Tsp Ground Black Pepper
½ Tbsp Sesame Oil
½ Tbsp Sesame Seeds
- Make the Spinach Moochim. Add all the ingredients to a bowl and mix everything together until combined.
- In a pan over medium-high heat, add cooking oil. Add the carrots, ½ teaspoon of the salt and saute until the carrots are soft. Transfer the carrots to a plate and allow them to cool.
- In a separate bowl, add in the rice, vinegar, sesame oil, sugar and remaining salt. Stir together until combined.
- Set a sheet of seaweed shiny side down. Spoon about ½ cup of the rice onto the seaweed and spread evenly leaving the top empty. Add the carrots, spinach moochim, danmuji and gyerranmari to the center of the rice. Roll the seaweed until the roll is sealed. Repeat the step with the remaining ingredients.
- Optional: Add a few drops of sesame oil into your hands and coat the finished rolls with the sesame oil!
- Slice the rolls into ½-inch thick slices. Enjoy!
- Tags: Food