Jeon (Korean Pancakes)
Vegetables of Choice (~4-5 cups):
3 - 4 Red Cabbage Leaves, Julienned
2 Large Carrot, Julienned
1 Potato, Julienned
1 Small Onion, Thinly Sliced
3 Green Onions, Chopped
1 Jalapeno Pepper, Seeded and Sliced
1 Cup All-Purpose Flour
2 Tbsp Cornstarch
3/4 Teaspoon Salt
1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper
1 Cup Water
1 Tbsp Vegetable Oil, for frying
- Add all the dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl and mix well.
- Slowly add in the water and mix until it reaches a thick consistency.
- Add in the mixed veggies and mix until they are evenly coated.
- Heat a large non-stick pan over medium heat. Add in the vegetable oil. Add batter, spreading it out evenly. Cook for about 3-4 minutes on each side until crispy. Repeat step with the rest of the batter.
- Serve with Màkku Makgeolli and enjoy!
- Tags: Food