1 Tbsp Unsalted Butter, Softened
1 Tbsp Brown Sugar
1 Tbsp Gochujang
2 Flaxeggs (2 Tbsp Ground Flax + 5 Tbsp Water)
~3 Cups (360g) All-Purpose Flour, Sifted
~1 Cup (190g) Brown Sugar
~1 Cup (200g) White Sugar
½ Tsp Baking Soda
½ Tsp Baking Powder
Pinch of Salt
1 Cup (230g) Unsalted Butter, Softened
- Make the Gochujang Caramel Mixture. Mix together the butter, brown sugar and gochujang and set aside.
- Make the cookies. Mix the ground flax and water together and allow it to thicken for 5 minutes.
- To a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, add the softened butter and white and brown sugar. Cream together for about 3-4 minutes, or until slightly fluffy. Add in the flax egg and mix for another minute.
- Slowly add in the dry ingredients. Mix until a dough forms. Add in the gochujang caramel mixture and slightly mix.
- Preheat oven to 375°F / 190°C. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Scoop out about 2 tbsp of the dough and place it on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining dough.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the edges are slightly golden. Remove from the oven and let them cool for 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely. Enjoy!
Recipe inspired by @ericjoonho!
- Tags: Food