1 ½ Tbsp Chopped Garlic
1 Tbsp Chopped Fresh Ginger
¼ Cup Chopped Green Onions
1 Large Onion, Cut into Large Chunks
¼ of Green Cabbage, Cut into Large Chunks
1 Large Zucchini, Cut into Cubes
4-5 Baby Portobello Mushrooms
For Stir Fry
2 Tbsp Cooking Oil
⅓ Cup Black Bean Paste
1 Tbsp Sugar
2 Tbsp Oyster Sauce
1 Tbsp Cornstarch + 1 Tbsp water, Mixed Together
Black or White Pepper to Taste
Dried Udon Noodles
- Squeeze all of the water out of the mushrooms. Reserve the water and slice the mushrooms into small pieces.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the cooking oil, garlic, ginger, and green onions. Stir fry for about 1 minute then add the black bean paste and stir fry for another minute, stirring constantly.
- Add the rest of the veggies in- onion, cabbage, zucchini, and mushrooms. Stir all together for 3-4 minutes or until the veggies softens. Then, add the shiitake mushroom broth, sugar, and vegetarian oyster sauce. Mix everything together and bring it to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes.
- While the veggies are simmering, prepare your noodles. Cook the noodles according to package directions. Set aside.
- Mix the cornstarch and water together again. Turn off the heat from the skillet. Slowly pour the cornstarch slushy into the skillet, stirring constantly. Pour the Jjajang sauce over the cooked noodles. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from @seonkyoung
- Tags: Food